Diary of a Mad Intern

Friday, May 12, 2006

someone is waiting for a call

(with many thanks to Stuart in Brisbane for forwarding this to me)

As you got up this morning, I watched you, and hoped you would talk to As you got up this morning, I watched you, and hoped you would talk to me, even if it was just a few words, asking my opinion or thanking me for something good that happened in your life yesterday. But I noticed you were busy, trying to find the right clothes to throw on.

When you ran around the house getting ready, I knew there would be a few minutes for you to stop and say hello, but you were busy.At one point you had to wait, fifteen minutes with nothing to do except sit in a chair. Then I saw you jump to your feet. I thought you wanted to talk to me but you grabbed the mobile and sms’d a friend to grab the latest goss instead.

I watched patiently all day long. With all your activities I guess you were too busy to say anything to me. I noticed that before lunch you looked around, maybe you felt embarrassed to talk to me: that’s probably why you didn't bow your head. You scanned 3 or 4 tables over noticed some of your friends talking to me briefly before they ate, but you didn't. That's ok. There was still more time left, and I hoped that you would talk to me yet.

You drove home with the cd on, and it seems as if you had lots of things planned to do. After a few of them were done, you turned on that great new plasma TV. I don't know if you like it or not, just about anything gets on there. You spend a lot of time each day in front of it chilling out, just enjoying the show. I waited patiently again as you watched the reality shows and ate your meal, but again you didn't talk to me.Bedtime – well, I guess you felt too tired. After you said goodnight to your family you flopped into bed and fell asleep in no time.

That's fine, because you may not realise that I am always there for you. I've got a ton of patience, much more than you will ever know. I even want to teach you how to be patient with others as well.I love you so much that I wait everyday for a nod, prayer or thought or a thankful part of your heart. But it’s hard to have a one-sidedchat. Well, you are getting up once again. And once again I will wait, with nothing but love for you.

Hoping that today we’ll spend some time together in conversation. Your best friend always,

GOD

1 Comments:

At 1:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home