Diary of a Mad Intern

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

i keep waiting for the honeymoon to end

...but it hasn't, and i am more than 2/3 of the way through. i keep waiting for someone to approach duke with a complaint, or some "negative feedback" about me and my work at the Rez, or for duke to take me aside and coach me one something i've done wrong or...

.....and yet, still, nothing.

its a great deal of work, and a helluva challenge, but it is going so well. today at our staff meeting, knowing he wouldn't be there this sunday duke threw a series of last-minute duties at me (find someone to replace me this sunday during morning prayer and the intercessions, update the bulletin, get cool school ready and write something for the newsletter next week - all stuff i can do with one hand tied behind my back) and to each directive i just said "sure, not a problem". duke smiled at our executive assistant, monique, and letting that west virginia drawl colour his voice as he so rarely does, he said

"she is sooooooooo easy to work with"

well, maybe that's true and maybe it isn't; all i know is that i am doing what i need to be doing for the rest of my life - what i am called to do.

duke said to me today "get sunday's service done. you're the priest now - you do it"

i am deeply appreciative of his faith and trust in me (and in God), and truly am not worried about doing well at this. now all i need to find is a man that is smart, self-confident and self-assured enough to be an equal partner to a wife who is professional, well-educated and independent.

how hard can that be?

oh man, WHO am i kidding????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home