Diary of a Mad Intern

Monday, May 29, 2006

hi duke

yesterday i dropped deborah an email thanking her for inviting her friend jane to church on sunday, and expressing the hope that we'd see jane again when she was in toronto. this was deb's response:

Thanks. She really enjoyed it. She's always wondered how I could worship in such an evangelical church given how liberal we were (and we were VERY liberal in seminary). Now she gets it. She was amazed by Duke's sermon and impressed that he's pretty consistent, as well as the hospitality at the Rez - which is becoming legendary. She was the second person/family I've invited to church this year, and both arrived before I did. When I got there others had already reached out their hand in welcome and knew who I was to connect them. Pretty cool given how unfriendly much of churchland can be for strangers.

deb gave me permission to share that with you.

a

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home