Diary of a Mad Intern

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

is this what it means to "click" with someone?

being an "independent" woman all my life, i have always seen it as somehow important to speak up for myself, voice my own opinion, let my feelings be known. i have never understood the idea of "deferring" to a man, and i struggle with the idea of man and woman "surrendering" to one another that paul goes on about in his epistles.

but i am starting to think that it might simply be a matter of never having yet met a man that i felt i could enter into that sort of a dynamic with...

see, for the first time, there i a man posting here whose words are not only smart, wise and insightful; but with whom i agree, and in whose ideas i can take comfort - and as strange as this sounds.... someone that i can finally rely on to say something that makes sense and is interesting, meaningful, Godly and comforting - someone that seems to have completely relieved me of the feeling that i have to jump up and down with some yippy and unecessary commentary to add to his thoughts.

i look at this man's ideas (and not just here - i am the very happy recipient of many lovely emails, and a happy partner in many an hour-long phone conversation) and i think "fair enough. i couldn't have said it better myself". on the other site, where he entered into a discussion with a wonderful and fiercely intelligent friend called "sparrow", i realized that while my beloved sparrow had raised some brilliant talking points, i had no need to wade into the discussion because bruce already had the conversation well in hand, and i trusted that he would handle the it in an intelligent, respectful and thoughtful manner, leaving me to pursue other ideas.

the growing sense of being part of what may shape up to be an amazing team is unlike anything that's come before.

and i will candidly admit i am not sure where my point is going, so i will simply ask - does anyone else know what the heck i am talking about? '-D

4 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're really "clicking"..and I'm happy for you! :)

 
At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again I say, "Somtimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye."

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I understand exactly what you are saying. Sounds like the "click" is a happenen!

 
At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A sure sign you heart is in charge of a topic, is when you eloquently dive into a series of inciteful and related paragraphs that look like utter nonsense when you've finished ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home